Subject: [humanmarkup] TC Meeting

Hi Len,

Is there any chance you could attend tomorrow's TC teleconference?
One of the items on the agenda is going to be the question of
formally asking for a gathering of requirements from our applications
area for elements, attributes and datatypes that we need to consider
for interoperability and useability.

These are not design questions at this stage, just gathering
information, which we need to do if we want our language to be
useful. This became important in the context of considering
interoperability which just happened to coincide with the OASIS
Interoperability Conference in Orlando this last weekend. We are
waiting to hear what conclusions may been come to in the conference,
but regardless, we do need to ask our designated audiences--the app
makers and users of existing codification systems, what we need to
do, or perhaps most importantly what we need to not do to avoid
conflicts and confusion of terms and data.

The notion is that we charge you, as our Invited Expert, with
formulating a plan to proceed with the first basic XML Schema after
this information has been gathered--hopefully also gathering some
reliable volunteers along the way.

I'm not optimistic about that latter, based on my own experience, but
we owe it to ourselves to try, eh?

>   # OF LINES:              Total=15 Dialout=0 Meet Me=11 Meet Me Toll=4
>   Entry Method: Tone In
>   CALL DATE:         DEC-19-2001  (Wednesday)
>   CALL TIME:         12:00 PM EASTERN TIME
>   DURATION:              2 hr
>   USA Toll Free Number: 888-316-9411
>   USA Toll Number: +1-773-756-4786
>    PASSCODE: 51383
>    LEADER:            Mr Sandy Ressler

Let me know, please if you can't make it, and have issues you want
represented. Specifically, would it be useful to you for us to try to
arrange to have you subscribed to the TC list? It seems only logical,
since you are going to be conducting work, the details of which,
might very well bore comment's list reader to tears, and would
certainly give the impression to potential members who drop in as
newcomers, that we are a bunch of propeller-topped dome heads, or in
my case, bone heads.