Subject: [humanmarkup] An Institutional Scenario

Greetings Sandra,

I wanted to follow up on your suggestion that the WSIA Requirements
Process also consider Institutional Scenarios as well as Business
Scenarios in gathering the practical requirements of the entire web
as we proceed toward writing a Requirements Document.

I just wrote to Susan Turnbull of the GSA regarding one such
scenario, which happens to be based in reality and could serve
several purposes. In the course of one of her agency's sponsored
workshops at NSF October 17, 2001, Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga, the Chair
of the Humanmarkup TC spoke and I attended by teleconference, Susan
described an economics conference she attended where a great deal of
time was spent cross translating terms from different languages and
cultures. I have asked her to write a short description of this
example with the purpose of drawing conclusions about requirements
which the HumanMarkup TC can use in its own requirements-writing
effort. Hopefully, I don't need to expand upon how this example can
also be used for the same purposes by the WSIA TC.

However, simply because this scenario is being considered by the
HumanMarkup TC doesn't mean that other, more focused scenarios
shouldn't be pursued, so I am also interested in any examples you
might develop. Also, I am not asking that such scenarios include
specific requirements for HumanMarkup to be included. That would help
me very much, but it should not be viewed as a constraint for
engaging my willingness to work on any such example scenarios.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Regards,
Rex Brooks
OASIS HumanMarkup TC Vice Chair, Secretary, Webmaster