Subject: [humanmarkup] Bill of HumanInformation Rights

Hi Everyone,

At the last monthly meeting I brought up the issue of drafting a Bill
of HumanInformation Rights, but, of course, I let it slide. So I
thought I would bring it up now and ask if you all could give it some
thought and send to the list in reply to this message thread your
thoughts, and any specific issues you might have.

For instance, I hate cookies, but in dealing with SOAP in web
services, especially using J2EE webapps, cookies have been chosen as
the preferred messaging mechanism for sending some classes of objects
over the web, particularly user information and session tracking
information, as well as display instructions and logging information.
So, what I would like would be a way to restrict how much information
a cookie sent from my end user client machine can contain in regard
to recording keystrokes. Right now all I can do is to turn cookies
off in my browser, and the same applies to other preferences which we
in the HumanML community ought to be paying attention to--such as
frames, streaming protocols which require permissions that consumers
give unthinkingly yet cause information access to be given to
suppliers like RealNetworks,  screen reading preferences, braille
output, etc. By drafting such a statement, and sending it along to
our contacts in Washington D.C. as well as OASIS and the UN, we can
start to bring some wider issues to the forefront in addition to Web
Accessibility and Americans with Disability Act concerns at the same
time as serving notice that the consumer will be heard on these
issues..

Thoughts?

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309