Subject: [humanmarkup] RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-geolocator

Title: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-geolocator
Oops, my bad. Correction below. I was doing a save-as and just overwriting. Obviously not a good idea.
Bad synchronization of brain and fingers.

Sorry,

From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 8:41 AM
To: humanmarkup-comment@lists.oasis-open.org;
humanmarkup@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-geolocator

Hi Everyone,

I'm moving on to another element. I am hoping to hear still more on
culture and emotion, but I don't want to let this effort lapse while
I anticipate further considerations of those elements.
geolocator

This is a ComplexType without the attribute of abstract. It does not
reference other elements.

It's description is: Geographic Location. A 3D address type based on
map coordinate systems.

This is also basic and atomistic. I happen to think that most
concerns in our further uses of this element will occur with GPS and
X3D in relation to public safety and emergency services in GPS and
representations of actual physical environments in VRML/X3D which
will be using the GeoVRML extensions to the base core of VRML97 and
X3D, so I will say that I think we need someone, probably me again,
to ensure that our vocabularies remain compatible, consistent and
interoperable with those vocabularies.

This element, as all, belongs to the humlIdentifierAtts set of datatypes.

I hope we see some further contributions this weekend, as mentioned
above. The next element is haptics, and this is another of the broad
and dense ones, so I may post it sooner during the weekend rather
than later on Monday or Tuesday.

Thoughts?

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309