Subject: [humanmarkup] Base Schema - measurement

Ah, at last, an element that I believe will be darn difficult to question.

But I'm going to try. Actually I am just going to add a bit that I
think is necessary.

measurement

This is a Complex Type element without the attribute abstract. It is
described and defined as being used to creat distance or length
values. It does not reference other elements. It is not used by other
elements.

I would add all the standard weights and measures. I will check on
the best references for that.

My only question is whether there are distinctly human values for
which we need to have physical measurements? I don't think so.

However, do we need separate measurements for olfactory and taste
data? I suspect that we need to ask if those should be in the primary
or in the Human Physical Characteristics Description Markup Language
as adjunct values for sensory phenomena? I suppose we might also want
to clarify intensity values which we will be using for haptics,
emotion, kinesics, but I don't think they apply to this element. I'm
mostly thinking out loud so to speak here since measurements apply to
so many phenomena, many of which are somewhat or wholly subjective
and I certainly do not think we should attempt to create measurements
for such on our own.

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309