Subject: Re: [humanmarkup] Base Schema - measurement

I'd recommend this the element be labeled "Measurement_Unit", rather
than simply "Measurement"
Reasoning:  other standards use this term.
Note also that Measurement_Unit encompasses units of measure, inclusive
of volume, etc.
one picky issue that arises in this realm is argument about using the
the singular form versus the plural, e.g., centimeter (cm) or
centimeters (also abbreviated as cm). My opinion is that it should not
matter, as often that is clear by the numbers indicate in appropriate
field, and therefor I use the singular, as often the abbreviation for
units of measure is based on the singular. This is a database
perspective, with relevance in data mining, and other math functions
applied to cell data in and across fields (columns). If that isn't clear
I will clarify further.

--
From the Desk of James E. Landrum III
Database Manager