Subject: Re: [humanmarkup] Today's Meeting; Followup on repost of CIDOC CRMSymposium

Per discussion during teleconference today, I am reposting the call for
participation in the upcoming International CIDOC CRM Symposium.
Pending acceptance of paper, I will be presenting on the ATL projects at
this symposium, and per teleconference discussion today, have offered to
present a paper on behalf of HuML TC while there.
Abstract is due no later than November 30, 2002. We should mapm out the
theme of the paper and draft the abstract, and submit in sooner than
later., etc.  I suggest we target a 30 minute presentation, rather than
the 15 minute session, because there is so much to cover, or, short of
that, if we choose to do so, focus on a more specific topic with HuML
and aim at the 15 minute presentation

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: CIDOC CRM Symposium
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:04:30 +0100
From: William Kilbride <wgk1@YORK.AC.UK>
To: ADS-ALL@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Invitation and Call for Participation:

"SHARING THE KNOWLEDGE"

International CIDOC CRM Symposium
March 26 2003 2:00 - 6:00
March 27 2003 9:00 - 5:00

The CIDOC CRM Special Interest Group  and the Smithsonian Institution
invite you to a two-day International Symposium designed to bring
together researchers and practitioners in information provision and
exchange, be it within organizations or on the envisaged Semantic Web,
in the area of scientific and cultural heritage, with the goal to
present and discuss technical, organizational, and philosophical issues
of effectively sharing knowledge among museums, libraries, and archives
and integrating information within cultural institutions.

The program will comprise invited talks, submitted papers, and panel
discussions.
Paper submissions are welcome on the following topics:
- scalable knowledge sharing architectures for intra-organizational
data;
- scalable knowledge sharing architectures for the Internet;
- key components for knowledge sharing: ontologies, contextual
information,
     identification, persistence;
- documentation practices enabling effective knowledge sharing;
- metadata schemes for cross-domain searching;
- success stories of knowledge sharing;
- social, organizational, and technical factors;
- the role of trust in knowledge sharing.

A panel discussion will identify key directions for research and
advocacy for the
immediate future to bring us closer to shared and integrated knowledge
in contemporary society.

All contributions will be Web-published on the CIDOC CRM Web-site
(http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr ).

Presentations may be 15 minutes or 30 minutes.

The Program committee reserves the right to refuse submissions.
Proposals, accompanied by an abstract of 100-300 words, and short cv,
should be sent to Dr. Martin Doerr, ( martin@ics.forth.gr ) by November
30, 2002.

The Symposium will be held at the Smithsonian's International Center in
Washington, D.C.  Attendance will be free and light refreshments will be
provided.  Participants are responsible for their own travel,
accommodation, and meal costs.

Apologies for cross-posting.

Please distribute this announcement as appropriate.

Martin Doerr
chair
CIDOC CRM SIG

  Project Leader SIS            |  Email: martin@ics.forth.gr |