Subject: [humanmarkup] Base Schema - semiote

Here is a first take on:

Base Schema - semiote

This is an abstract complexType element which will take the attribute
humlComAtts since it applies to exclusively communication or aspects
of communication. It does not use other elements. It may be used by
other elements.

It is described/defined as a processor capable of emitting and/or
producing signs. It may be living or artificial for purposes of this
specification.

This element, along with sign, signal and symbol, the the key
concepts involved in the semiotic processor experiment which we have
initiated and which has significant promise as a processing model for
the communication process. In short, it allows for a more inherently
analytical  model of the process. It is thought that in this way,
clarity and accuracy in communication can be notably enhanced. So it
is particularly important for us to be thorough and careful in our
definition and use of this element. So we invite all comments to be
made promptly.

There will be further opportunity to comment on this concept in the
public comment period, but comments now will be included in the
initial documentation of our discussion on this element.

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309