Subject: [humanmarkup] PBS-Doc-personality

Title: PBS-Doc-personality
We didn't have much to say on this one, too. However, because there are two main recognized formulations of Personality Modelling, I am making them the base elements of this complexType.

Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema - personality

             From: Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>
             To: humanmarkup-comment@lists.oasis-open.org, humanmarkup@lists.oasis-open.org
             Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 06:17:17 -0700

      Hi Everyone,

      The hits just keep coming.

      personality

      This is a ComplexType element with the abstract attribute. It is
      described/defined as Human Personality Type used for personality
      modeling. It does not reference other elements and is not used by
      other elements.

      Provisionally, I am not inclined to make additions to the
      description/definition of this element in the Primary Base Schema,
      and that is a decision that I may end up recommending for the entire
      Primary Base Schema on the basis of workability or useability
      purposes. I think that, as with several other elements we have
      discussed and given thought to, this one also needs to be kept down
      to the simplest definition in the Primary Base Schema.

      Now, having said that, I am also beginning to think that the
      Secondary Base Schema may want to be broken down into specific
      application area sections where elements like this one can be grouped
      with similar elements (such as emotion in this case) for the purpose
      of enumerating the secondary systems that are part of such elements.
      In this case, we have two personality typing systems, The Enneagram
      and the Meyers-Briggs classification systems which will need to be
      accommodated in that enumeration.

      So for now, I am not going to suggest that we include the
      enumeration, or code lists, in the Primary Base Schema, except, of
      course, for the global datatype attributes, which I think we need to
      have in the Primary. Also, I don't want to get ahead of ourselves in
      considering a further breakout or breakdown or hierarchical tree
      structure for such enumerations, but I suspect that is what we will
      want to do in separate documents in order to maximize the operational
      efficiency of applications which use our schemata.