Subject: [humanmarkup] PBS-Doc-thought

Title: PBS-Doc-thought
I kept thought but defined it as strictly as I could as the physiological process of mentation.

Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema - thought

             From: Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>
             To: humanmarkup-comment@lists.oasis-open.org, humanmarkup@lists.oasis-open.org
             Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:52:39 -0700

      Here we go again.

      Base Schema - thought

      This is a Complex Type element with the abstract attribute. It takes
      the attribute group humlIdentifierAtts. It does not reference other
      elements and is not used by other elements.

      It is defined/desccribed as Human Thought A set of human thought types.

      There is no doubt that this element is needed. However, unlike
      Personality, where we have an established set of typing systems to
      which we can, (thanks be), defer, here we don't and I am rather
      reluctant to stick my toe into these waters to see what the
      temperature is at the moment.

      If conscious is difficult to nail down to tangible concepts, or
      concepts grounded in tangibility or common sense, thought is more so.
      If there is anything in human consciousness more ephemeral, please
      don't tell me about it.

      I'm sorry, but as we near the end of this task, I can't help but set
      the stage for the Secondary Base Schema, where thought types will
      need to be enumerated. So, for those of you who will shortly be
      tasked with building our model of human perception/congnition from
      the elements of the combined Base Schemata, I suggest strongly that
      you give some serious consideration to what constitutes a thought, a
      thought type and how you want to use it as the atom of which human
      thought systems will be built. This is a way of saying, it probably
      aint gonna be me. I'm switching over the Human Physical
      Characteristics Description and focusing most all of my other efforts
      on systematizing emotional expressions and kinesic gestures.

      That doesn't mean I won't contribute my opinions, but about the most
      I can do in that regard will be to massage the classes/properties to
      reflect the now-codified base, and the enlargements as they come
      along, and the biggest of those, which I hope to cheer y'all on
      toward, is perception/cognition.

      Beware, There Be Dragons....

      (Of course, if you check my website, you'll know I happen to love
      Dragons. However, they are fearsome powerful...)