Subject: [humanmarkup] Common format for Proofreading and Comments Plus aSchedule Change

Title: Common format for Proofreading and Comments Plus a Sch
Please use this list for Proofreading and for Comments and separate the two kinds of changes please with one post for Proofreading on Saturday and one for Comments on Sunday.

I will make the changes for Proofreading Sunday morning and the changes for Comments on Monday morning and hopefully we can have a draft for voting on Monday morning.

Note: I plan to institute the Draft Federal Developers Guide for XML and ISO 11179 data elements standards?
which John Aerts asked about yesterday evening unless someone gives me a compelling reason not to do so.

I believe this is the relevant section the Developers Guide:

3-1
3.1 STANDARDIZED CASE CONVENTION
GUIDANCE
Federal developers SHALL adopt the camel case convention, as defined by the
ebXML Technical Architecture, when creating XML component names. Excerpts
are provided in Appendix A.
  XML Elements and XML Schema data types use upper camel case:
The first letter in the name is upper case, as is the letter beginning each
subsequent word.
  XML Attributes use lower camel case: Like upper camel case, except
the first letter of the first word is lower case.
XPLANATION
Voluntary Consensus Standards bodies and other XML organizations such as
OASIS, Universal Business Language (UBL), UN/CEFACT, RosettaNet, BizTalk
and ebXML (see Internet references in Appendix C) have all adopted the camel
case convention for XML component naming, with ebXML differentiating between
upper and lower camel case.
XAMPLE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!-
Example of an upper camel case element and lower camel case
attribute
->
<UpperCamelCaseElement
lowerCamelCaseAttribute="foo"/>

Here's a source for ISO11179

http://xw2k.sdct.itl.nist.gov/l8/document-library/draft-standards/11179-Part1-Framework/11179-Part-1.doc

If someone cares to check the ISO for me I would deeply appreciate it. Otherwise I will download it and look through it as a last check because I just don't have the energy or time right now because I have to catch up on what laughingly passes for my regular life. Little things like cleaning house and taking out the trash...sigh,

Here is the list I want you to use. Just insert your proofreading notes after the appropriate item for Saturday and I will use them as a checklist Sunday morning.

Likewise insert your comments for changes and post them Sunday so I can make them Monday morning.

I will make the changes unless I have some serious disagreement or your comments/suggestions require a complete reworking or some similar breaking of the model of the Primary Base as the fundamental element and attribute types that will be extended and restricted in the Secondary Base.

(Note: most of the elements are abstract complex types and some have been taken further to enumerate child element sequences or attributes where it is obvious or where it seemed warranted to give examples in order to provide appropriate guidance for the Secondary Base.

Elements
huml

Complex types
address
artifact
belief
bodyLocation
channel
chronemic
community
culture
emotion
geolocator
haptic
human
humanGroup
humlNameElements
intent
kinesic
measurement-unit
personality
proxemic
semiosis
semiote
sign
signal
symbol
thought

Simple types
locator
range

Attr. groups
age
gender
humlCommAtts
humlIdentifierAtts
humlTemporalAtts
physicalDescriptors

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309