Subject: [humanmarkup] Re: PBS-Proofreading

I will catch the typos,  personality text errors, add the
humlTemporalAtts, double check the the guidelines, and look into
strength/intensity. I still have to do the OASIS version, but I'm not
gonna start until the vote is in.

Len said Signifier, Signified, Referent belong in Secondary... The
quick view pops out nicely... I think I will use it in the  OASIS
HTML and Word versions. It just makes it much more clear to see it
isolated like that without the tags.

Thanks, Sylvia.

At 3:41 PM -0700 10/28/02, cognite@zianet.com wrote:
>0.  HUML AT HAND, a condensed easy-read version of the proposed Huml XML
>Schema spec, attached file.
>-----------------------------------
>1.
>Rex, in making up a condensed Huml file, I ran across a few more typos in
>the XSD file, wouldn't you know.  Since that's the machine-readable one, we
>might had oughta get them?
>
>noted as:  [line, name, changeTo,  reason]
>
>[283, Locator, locator,         As simpleType, should be non-cap camel]
>[401, Cooomunicational, -,-]
>[741, strength, intensity,      intensity is the defined attribute]
>[777, Agen, Agent, -]
>[981, two established, various, artifact of elision of Enn_ and Meyer-Briggs]
>
>Maybe
>HumanGroup, Community, Culture etc. need attribute humlTemporalAtts?
>I haven't really scanned the whole thing for that; in human communication
>most everything is temporally limited, of course.
>
>:- >
>SC
>--------------------------------
>2.  Other anomalies:
>        -  intensity is Not listed as range, but has apparently the same
>scope [0,1]
>         - Two methods of extension are used, simpleType restriction in
>Chronemic,
>and complexContent extension in Human....
>         - Neither Signified nor Referent appears.  That's an essential part
>of the semiotic triad/dyad, and probably more germane, looks necessary for
>connecting to object-names.
>
>-3!
>Now perhaps I can let it go for a while!    But before I get too busy with
>other things, better send it to you all.
>
>SC
>
>At 07:53 AM 27-10-2002 -0800, Rex  wrote: ...
>
>>Attachment Converted: C:\SC\TIDINGS\MBOX\huml-pr1.xsdContent-Id:
><a05100308b9e1ba9db2df@[192.168.123.136].0.1>
>

>>Attachment Converted: C:\SC\TIDINGS\MBOX\huml-pri.doc
>>

>HUML AT HAND
>
>KEY TO QUICK-READ EDITION
>of proposed 1.0 XML Schema standard for Human Markup Language.
>	by S. Candelaria de Ram, Oct. 2002  c. and released to public domain.
>
>	<xs:WHAT specs... > indicates the exact syntax for this type of item.
>		(extra notes in parentheses)
>
>	Names indented below a term are its attributes or attributeGroups.
>
>	[a,b,...] lists enumerations in a "sequence"
>		(i.e, in a set of possible values -- non-mutually-exclusive?)
>
>	{a,b,...} indicate
>

>ELEMENTS (of namespace)
>huml
>	<xs:schema
>targetNamespace="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/schema/huml-primary-base-1.0.xsd";
>xmlns="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/schema/huml-primary-base-1.0.xsd";
>xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
>xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
>xmlns:a="urn:oasis:names:tc:ciq:xsdschema:xAL:2.0"
>xmlns:n="urn:oasis:names:tc:ciq:xsdschema:xNL:2.0"
> [...]

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309