Subject: [humanmarkup] Primary Base Schema Vote

Hi Everyone,

Although one member has yet to vote, the vote has so far been
unanimous in favor of approving the first working draft of the Human
Markup Language Primary Base XML Schema 1.0 as a Technical Committee
Specification for the purpose of announcing a 30-day Public Comment
Period,

So, although I would much prefer that I could say it was unanimous
with a complete vote, I can say that we will now move forward.
However, the next task is for me to finish up the
OASIS-Approved-Template Word and HTML versions and then to have it
proofread. I will ask the same group to do that for us and I will
have those versions done today and hopefully we will be able to make
our official public announcement next week.

I will write to the voting group when I post those versions with
instructions similar to what we did with the xmlschema.xsd file
XMLSPY documentation. After we make our announcements, and OASIS
makes their announcements we have a couple of events for which to
prepare papers and presentations. We still have the tassk of taking
public comments and our own comments, reworking the Specification if
necessary and to whatever extent we think is appropriate and then to
vote either to enter another 30-day public comment period or to
submit it for the overall OASIS approval process, for which we will
need to cite three separate implementations, so we still have much to
do before we can move on to the task of building the Secondary Base
Schema, the RDF Specifications and the Subcommittee Spechifications
in earnest.

My best guestimate for the arrival of that grand day is March 31st at
the soonest, but, believe me, I hope to be in error on the
conservative side with that prognostication.

I hope I can release the first pass at the OASIS Word and HTML
versions this afternoon. I will do my best.

Thanks for the support and patience.

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309