Subject: [humanmarkup] Re: Unanimous Final Vote on Primary Base Schema

Rex:

Good news. Thanks for the taking care of the voting.

I suggest that the way to start the public review is for you to write a
version of this same message that you give to me to send out to the
OASIS membership and any maillists you think may be applicable.

The process for the public review is as follows
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml#approval_spec)

"Before the TC can submit its Committee Specification to OASIS
membership for review and approval as an OASIS Standard, the TC must
conduct a public review of the work. The decision by the TC to submit
the work for review requires a majority vote. The review should be
publicized on applicable OASIS mail lists and other public mail lists.
Review must take place for a minimum of 30 days, during which time no
changes may be made to the document. Comments must be collected via the
TC's public comment list. The TC must record the comments received as
well as the resolution of those comments. The TC may conduct any number
of additional review cycles (i.e. collecting comments, making edits to
the specification, sending out a revised version for review again, etc.)
before deciding that the review is complete. After the conclusion of the
review and final changes to the document, the TC must re-approve the
work as a Committee Specification before submitting it to OASIS."

The spec docs should reside on the TC web page, and your message should
provide the URLs for them; you don't want to attach them to a mass
mailing. You should include information about the spec and its purpose,
as well as the means for the public to submit comments -- and yes, this
should be via the comment list so that everything will be publlicly
archived and accountable. I like the idea of your keeping a spreadshseet
on the TC web page so everyone can see the tracking and disposition of
the comments.

In other words, keep everything on the TC page, but reference these docs
in the call for review.

Once you get this to me I can send it out and the 30 day review can start.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
+1 978.667.5115 x206