Subject: [humanmarkup] Agenda for Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2002 Meeting

Title: Agenda for Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2002 Meeting
Hi Everyone,

This is your Monday Morning Wake Up Call, and agenda.

I hope everyone can participate. I am hoping we can generate some further interest in our first candidate specification and I am asking that everyone give some thought to where else we can announce our effort.

This is what I have on tap for our agenda so far:

1. Report(s) on progress of 30-day public comment period.

2. Change short name of TC to huml to coincide with namespace and to shorten the parenthetical identifier in subject lines of emails from [humanmarkup] and [humanmarkup-comment] to [huml] and [huml-comment].

3. Discussion of Sign, Symbol complexTypes

4. Where else can we announce our public review?

5. Reports on progress, ideas, outreach for sample implementations, and, perhaps, a Reference Implementation. This is not standard OASIS Practice, but if we develop a Semiotic Processor, it could be a reference implementation and we might be able to get NIST to provide conformance testing for us since that do that for a number of technologies.

6. Special acknowledgements in Specification for Len and Sylvia. (We are not the only TC that does this.)

7. Report (if possible) on the implications of new (recently released) working drafts for
(Nov.8) RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised) http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/
(Nov, 13) XPointer Framework http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/

(There's always an exception, but this one led to the others in this group:
(July 10) XPointer xpointer() Scheme  http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-xpointer/

(Nov, 13) XPointer element() Scheme http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-element/
(Nov, 13) XPointer xmlns() Scheme http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-xmlns/

And while we are at it, I should make you all aware of some other recently released drafts other than OASIS which has been having its share, but which I have already drawn your attention to--XACML being the one with which we are most concerned. The rest of the recent W3C drafts:

(Nov. 15) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Formal Semantics http://www.w3.org/TR/query-semantics/

This is the real biggie even though it is the furthest from adoption, because it is the first:
(Nov. 14) Web Services Architecture http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-ws-arch-20021114/

You're right, there has been a whole mess of new drafts and candidate specs issued in our honor. Isn't that special? <facetious />

;^)
Rex

Here is the call-in info. I will send it again tomorrow. And I will probably follow-up

 AUDIO ACCESS INFORMATION:
 ==========================
 PRODUCT TYPE:  UNATTENDED
 CALL TYPE: MEET ME

 # OF LINES:              Total=16 Dialout=0 Meet Me=12 Meet Me Toll=4
 Entry Method: Tone In
 CALL DATE:         NOV-20-2002  (Wednesday)
 CALL TIME:         12:00 PM EASTERN TIME
 DURATION:              2 hr
 USA Toll Free Number: 888-576-9014
 USA Toll Number: +1-773-756-0201
  PASSCODE: 47699
  LEADER:            MR SANDY RESSLER
Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309