Subject: [huml] RE: [huml-comment] PC-33 -Section 4.4.6-race

I still need a formal motion from a voting member to remove race from
the attributeGroup physicalDescriptors in the Primary Base
Schema/Specification in order to call a vote on the mailing list.

I think that importing the namespace of an appropriate public safety
or law enforcement standard, if one exists, would suffice to cover
our need to support currently accepted usages. I haven't researched
it yet, so I am not citing one now.

There is no problem that I can see with having the term race in the
Secondary Base Schema/Specification in the two places I mentioned
earlier, as an enumeration of belief or belief system and in the
Physical Characteristics Description ML where it could be derived as
an incomplete but widely used term for ethnic and genetic
information, more related to phenotype than genotype.