Mail Index message

Subject: [huml] RE: LMNL toolkit for HumanML

Really glad to see you here, Gavin.

It would be interesting/maybe popular to combine
HumanML-derived codelists with a blog editor.
People want a blog to be expressive.  If a blog
were tagged for intent, emotion, etc., then it
can be fed to a HumanML enabled avatar and
hopefully someday, to a HumanML enabled avatar
with a voice.  There are possibly more important
applications, but my experience is that something
that is fun combined with something that is
popular is a good bet for viral applications.

The primary base schema is mostly XML Schema
abstract types.  That is ok for loose categories,
but a derived set is needed to do anything
tangible.  I made them abstract because when
doing the research into human communication,
one finds mostly theories.  The categories
are usually moreorless the same, but the
theoretical intepretation (eg, the effect
of proximity on communicators as regards
dominance) differs.  So, for each abstract
type, there could be multiple code lists
among other kinds of markup.  A simple set
which we got earlier with input from John
Cowan is a set of emotions/attitudes with
range attributes.  Emotions are somewhat
like polarities; not solved, but managed.
Given that, one can markup the emotion
and then the rendering just does whatever
it does given some intensity value.  That
is a simple way to start.

len