Subject: Re: Character-sets & huml

Dear Kresten,

I am looking at the url you sent, and I find it fascinating. As of
now, we have neither created, nor considered creating a character-set
per se, but are instead, developing a set of XML/RDF vocabulary
schemata. However, there are several aspects of our work that will
lend themselves to non-verbal symbolic, cultural, gestural and
movement expressions (e.g. facial expressions, hand signals, etc)
which could be codified via a pictogrammic system or systems as
"signs" in the semiotic sense.

I am copying our TC list and the mailing list of the Non-Profit
Corporation we founded to help support this work with this message
since there are several folks on those lists who might be interested
in your work. Also I suggest you visit http://www.humanmarkup.org
which is the website of that Corporation and which contains more
resources than the OASIS TC webpages do.

I will look at your work when I have a bit more time because it does
make sense and could be adapted to several kinds of applications that
HumanML is aimed at producing.

Thanks,
Rex Brooks