Subject: Re: The Cake is Ready: Get our your forks

Title: Re: The Cake is Ready: Get our your forks
Cool.

Rex

At 10:46 AM -0500 5/2/03, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
BTW: those who want some fun stuff to do;  the X3D standard is now in a
solid draft form with at least two implementations.   There is Xj3D, a
Java toolkit with an experimental browser running standalone, and there
is Flux, an Active-X plugin which runs from IE.   X3D is VRML 3.0
and has the XML-encoding of VRML that Rex and I have discussed
here from time to time.   So, now we are starting to see the emergence
of the tools that, at least in the VR part of our group, we have been
aiming toward.   Many of our discussions of higher order languages
that include both HumanML and X3D components are realizable using
reliable standards for the web.

It's a good day.

len