Subject: RE: [huml] Convergent Standards Paper

Hi Rex,

The paper looks like a very comprehensive resource.  Three minor things I
noticed off the bat:

1) I suggest referencing our HumanML work proper within the paper, unless
you have a specific reason not to, in addition to HPCDML, in order to
address additional characteristics including behavior and culture--they
relate to identity (behavior is of course the section you have at the end of
the paper).

2) There is a minor grammatical error in the wording of your first sentence,
which you could probably rewrite.

3) I have the website phdatastandards.info, which you may want to add to
your list (representing Public Health Standards).

I'll CC: a final draft to the folks at NYAM.

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2003 1:37 PM
To: huml@lists.oasis-open.org; youssa@rpi.edu; RRugg55041@aol.com;
rkthunga@interposting.com; clbullar@ingr.com; robnixon@execpc.com;
rkthunga@humanmarkup.org; cognite@zianet.com; james.landrum@ndsu.nodak.edu;
sressler@nist.gov
Cc: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [huml] Convergent Standards Paper

Hi Folks,

I've taken the study of convergent standards about as far as I can for now.

As a reminder, this paper deals with standards that are directly
related to requirements for developing a comprehensive and
self-consistent Human Physical Characteristics Description Markup
Language and standards that are both directly and indirectly related
to individual name, identity, medical and address data considerations
for Emergency Management Technical Committee purposes.

I have attached the Word .doc file. I can also send a plain text to
anyone who needs it.