Subject: RE: [huml] another DARPA BAA (better timeframe and perhaps more appropriatetarget)

It is the harder one but one that requires less data
to test although it is hard to prove it scales.  The
first one is closer to what HumanML as a set of categories
for contexts of human communication can easily do.
Systems that can successfully emulate human cognition
must deal with theory formation and how that is
effected by interpretation of observed events which
have emotional contexts.

Ask yourself how one goes about selecting HumanML
categories to create a secondary?  Then how does
one markup an observation (think of it as a document?
Then how does the cognitive agent select this document
among many it has to perform an action based on a
new observation?

The hard part for DARPA to accept will be that humans
are not that good at this either without training
and that training being focused on narrow domains
limits flexibility.  So the next question is how to
create teams of cognitive agents that share theories
and will act in concert to achieve some mission.
They will discover the same principles of leadership
and group dynamics that work for the military and
sports teams when the actions to be achieved require
highly directed force.  In other types of actions,
a different team dynamic is required.

How does a set of episodic events become a genre?

len