Subject: FW: Proposed Conflict Resolution SC - Charter

Here is the long overdue draft charter for the Conflict Resolution SC.

The first step is simply to gather resources in the arena, technical and non-technical.  As I mentioned during our TC meeting, I may not have the resources to contribute extensively to this SC, at least in the near future, but I am hopeful we can find individuals in the government or NGO arena already involved in conflict resolution work to take on this particular effort.

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

-----

CONFLICT RESOLUTION SUBCOMMITTEE

-----------

Mission Statement, Values Statement and Objectives Statement

Mission Statement:

-----

The Conflict Resolution Subcommittee of the HumanMarkup Technical Committee is setup to gather resources and establish relationships between organizations with a vested interest in mitigating conflict.  Subsequently, this SC will feed the development of the Human Markup Language, and other standards, to ensure that these specifications can facilitate this effort.

Scope:

-----

1) to organize resources and determine agencies and organizations especially interested in conflict resolution standards,

2) establish membership and liaisons between these various organizations

3) develop use-cases for HumanML applications applied in conflict resolution scenarios

4) develop extensions to the HumanMarkup Base Schema, and other efforts within the Internet Standards arena, that can be helpful in promoting communications that can facilitate conflict resolution.

Interested parties may include the following:

>Government agencies -- inter and intra government

>United Nations and other International bodies

>Corporations -- interested in conflict management within

>Individuals and Organizations involved in Negotiation, Arbitration, and Deal Making

>Political Analysts and Commentators

Values Statement:

-----

Openness, honesty, and accountability of information transfer.

Objectives Statement:

-----

We will endeavor to deliver an initial outline of resources for this subcommittee by August 31, 2003.

We will endeavor to establish relationships with appropriate organizations and government agencies by December 31, 2003.

Further we will establish guidelines for maintaining and extending the HumanMarkup Base Schema and other efforts in the year 2004.

Membership:

------

Roles, including Chair and Secretary, are to be determined.