Subject: RE: [huml] Fwd: [xml-dev] Symbol Grounding and Running Code: Is XML Really Extensible?

http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs

Pay attention to the processes of abduction, induction,
and deduction.  Logic is the last piece in theory
building.  One starts by selecting the data.

Our studio had a wall hanging depicting a group on
unidentified Arabs riding away from a village with
a girl tucked in one rider's arms.  We used to think
it signfied their lack of culpability for sexual
adventures.  Only lately as I reflect on the deep
understanding in early Arab cultures of mathematics
and their application have I really understood
what that artifact says.

len

From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]

This is actually more important for us, Len, than it is for the
xml-dev list, (some large number here)% won't have a clue what you
are talking about.

Would you please post a fewURLs for Sowa for our lurkers, and review
material for me. I'm lazy. I don't want to slog through the muddy
lowlands, to get to shoreline, to dig up a pile of oysters, and
finally get to the pearls. Mea Culpa.

BTW, for those Cogno-scenti among us, the Harnad piece is pretty
foundational.