Subject: attachment Re: [huml] NB: CogEnv and CIDOC CRM Classes andProperties v. 3.4.2

forgot the attachment the first time
replete with \n, but that's life
SC

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:51:40 -0600
cognizor@cognizor.com wrote:

> [...]
> 		E18 Physical Stuff and E39 Actor
>
> 	??? - has current owner (is current owner of)
> 		E28 Conceptual Object and E39 Actor
>
> One technique to use this in CogEnv would be to expand it by adding terms in similar ways.  For us, an obvious lacuna could be:
>
> P72 has language (is language of)
> 	E33 Linguistic Object and E39 Actor
>
> where we connect E39 Actor to huml:Human and somehow thence to huml:HumanGroup.  (These no longer appear, though they were incorporated at the CRM SIG in DC in March that Jim and I participated in.)
>
> A large sub-tree has been developed describing [archiving] events under P12, which might bear expansion in the manner of the suggested ??? map that I added in above as a possible extension of the P51 family.
>
> P12 occurred in the presence of (was present at)
> 	E5 Event and E77 Persistent Item
>
> 	P11 - had participant (participated in)
> 		E5 Event and E39 Actor
>
> 		P14 - - carried out by (performed)
> 			E7 Activity and E39 Actor
>
> 			[Only title and custody events specified]
>
> 	P31 - has modified (was modified by)
> 		E11 Modification Event and E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
>
> 		P108 - - has produced (was produced by)
> 			E12 Production Event and E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
> 		P110 - - augmented (was augmented by)
> 			E79 Part Addition and E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
> 		P112 - - diminished (was diminished by)
> 			E80 Part Removal and E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
>
> Modifying (P31 family) is paralleled by brought into/took out of existence, used specific technique, used specific object, and moved, as well as had participant, but for CogEnv, further expansion would be called for.  The same applies to P15 was influenced by and P19 was intended use of, where huml terms for Intent and so forth would appear to fit in.
>
> ----------------------
> App Structure Question:
>
> OK, now you see the picture that's emerging, if I've explained enough.  I'm trying to apply the techniques we used to build our base vocabulary, plus extend them to the secondary level where apps are to be part of the picture.  Our HumanPhysicalCharacteristicsDescriptionX (HPCD???) sub-committee has Rex's app, but AFIK its linkage to a terms inventory is still being elaborated, so this is exploratory, looking for an approach to connect huml vocab and app.
>
> However, my question to you at this point is:
>
> Having rendered Entities as classes (with the many cases of relations among them rendered just as shared parents so far),
>
> would you render Properties also as classes?
>
> If so, would the change in levels you see in them (as above) show as mixin classes?  (Alternatives would seem to be inheritance or subclassing or mixin classes.)
>
> Merci.  <humly-yrs>
>
> SC
> --
>  ;););) blessed are the geeks -- for they shall inherit the source code :):):)

 ;););) blessed are the geeks -- for they shall inherit the source code :):):)
relns =  """version 3.4.2 verbatim:
 key, 4 lines;  entries, 4 lines each
 Property Name: level=count of preceding -s, nameforward Dom->Range, nameback Range->Dom
 CIDOC CRM Property Hierarchy:
# ----------------------------#
# ----------------------------#
# ----------------------------#
Property id
Property Name
Entity - Domain
Entity - Range
P1
is identified by (identifies)
E1 CRM Entity
E41 Appellation
P47
   -   is identified by (identifies)
E19 Physical Object
E42 Object Identifier
P48
   -   -   has preferred identifier (is preferred identifier of)
E19 Physical Object
E42 Object Identifier
P78
   -   is identified by (identifies)
E52 Time-Span
E49 Time Appellation
P87
   -   is identified by (identifies)
E53 Place
E44 Place Appellation
P102
   -   has title (is title of)
E71 Man-Made Stuff
E35 Title
P131
   -   is identified by (identifies)
E39 Actor
E82 Actor Appellation
P2
has type (is type of)
E1 CRM Entity
E55 Type
P3
has note
E1 CRM Entity
E62 String
P79
   -   beginning is qualified by
E52 Time-Span
E62 String
P80
   -   end is qualified by
E52 Time-Span
E62 String
P4
has time-span (is time-span of)
E2 Temporal Entity
E52 Time-Span
P5
consists of (forms part of)
E3 Condition State
E3 Condition State
P7
took place at (witnessed)
E4 Period
E53 Place
P26
   -   moved to (was destination of)
E9 Move
E53 Place
P27
   -   moved from (was origin of)
E9 Move
E53 Place
P8
took place on or within (witnessed)
E4 Period
E19 Physical Object
P9
consists of (forms part of)
E4 Period
E4 Period
P10
falls within (contains)
E4 Period
E4 Period
P12
occurred in the presence of (was present at)
E5 Event
E77 Persistent Item
P11
   -   had participant (participated in)
E5 Event
E39 Actor
P14
   -   -   carried out by (performed)
E7 Activity
E39 Actor
P22
   -   -   -   transferred title to (acquired title through)
E8 Acquisition Event
E39 Actor
P23
   -   -   -   transferred title from (surrendered title of)
E8 Acquisition Event
E39 Actor
P28
   -   -   -   custody surrendered by (surrendered custody through)
E10 Transfer of Custody
E39 Actor
P29
   -   -   -   custody received by (received custody through)
E10 Transfer of Custody
E39 Actor
P96
   -   -   by mother (gave birth)
E67 Birth
E21 Person
P99
   -   -   dissolved (was dissolved by)
E68 Dissolution
E74 Group
P16
   -   used specific object (was used for)
E7 Activity
E70 Stuff
P25
   -   moved (moved by)
E9 Move
E19 Physical Object
P31
   -   has modified (was modified by)
E11 Modification Event
E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
P108
   -  -    has produced (was produced by)
E12 Production Event
E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
P110
   -   -   augmented (was augmented by)
E79 Part Addition
E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
P112
   -   -   diminished (was diminished by)
E80 Part Removal
E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
P33
   -   used specific technique (was used by)
E11 Modification Event
E29 Design or Procedure
P92
   -   brought into existence (was brought into existence by)
E63 Beginning of Existence
E77 Persistent Item
P94
   -   -   has created (was created by)
E65 Creation Event
E28 Conceptual Object
P135
   -   -   -   created type (was created by)
E83 Type Creation
E55 Type
P95
   -   -   has formed (was formed by)
E66 Formation Event
E74 Group
P98
   -   -   brought into life (was born)
E67 Birth
E21 Person
P108
   -   -   has produced (was produced by)
E12 Production Event
E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
P123
   -   -   resulted in (resulted from)
E81 Transformation
E77 Persistent Item
P93
   -   took out of existence (was taken out of existence by)
E64 End of Existence
E77 Persistent Item
P13
   -   -   destroyed (was destroyed by)
E6 Destruction
E18 Physical Stuff
P99
   -   -   dissolved (was dissolved by)
E68 Dissolution
E74 Group
P100
   -   -   was death of (died in)
E69 Death
E21 Person
P124
   -   -   transformed (was transformed by)
E81 Transformation
E77 Persistent Item
P15
was influenced by (influenced)
E7 Activity
E1 CRM Entity
P16
   -   used specific object (was used for)
E7 Activity
E70 Stuff
P17
   -   was  motivated by (motivated)
E7 Activity
E1 CRM Entity
P33
   -   used specific technique (was used by)
E11 Modification Event
E29 Design or Procedure
P134
   -   continued (was continued by)
E7 Activity
E7 Activity
P136
   -   was based on (supported type creation)
E83 Type Creation
E1 CRM Entity
P19
was intended use of (was made for)
E7 Activity
E71 Man-Made Stuff
P20
had specific purpose (was purpose of)
E7 Activity
E7 Activity
P21
had general purpose (was purpose of)
E7 Activity
E55 Type
P24
transferred title of (changed ownership by)
E8 Acquisition Event
E18 Physical Stuff
P30
transferred custody of (custody transferred through)
E10 Transfer of Custody
E18 Physical Stuff
P32
used general technique (was technique of)
E11 Modification Event
E55 Type
P43
has dimension (is dimension of)
E70 Stuff
E54 Dimension
P44
has condition (condition of)
E18 Physical Stuff
E3 Condition State
P45
consists of (is incorporated in)
E18 Physical Stuff
E57 Material
P46
is composed of (forms part of)
E18 Physical Stuff
E18 Physical Stuff
P49
has former or current keeper (is former or current keeper of)
E18 Physical Stuff
E39 Actor
P50
   -   has current keeper (is current keeper of)
E18 Physical Stuff
E39 Actor
P51
has former or current owner (is former or current owner of)
E18 Physical Stuff
E39 Actor
P52
   -   has current owner (is current owner of)
E18 Physical Stuff
E39 Actor
P53
has former or current location (is former or current location of)
E18 Physical Stuff
E53 Place
P55
   -   has current location (currently holds)
E19 Physical Object
E53 Place
P54
has current permanent location (is current permanent location of)
E19 Physical Object
E53 Place
P56
bears feature (is found on)
E19 Physical Object
E26 Physical Feature
P57
has number of parts
E19 Physical Object
E60 Number
P58
has section definition (defines section)
E18 Physical Stuff
E46 Section Definition
P59
has section (is located on or within)
E18 Physical Stuff
E53 Place
P62
depicts  (is depicted by)
E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
E1 CRM Entity
P67
refers to ( is referred to by)
E73 Information Object
E1 CRM Entity
P70
   -   documents (is documented in)
E31 Document
E1 CRM Entity
P71
   -   lists (is listed in)
E32 Authority Document
E55 Type
P129
   -   is about (is subject of)
E73 Information Object
E1 CRM Entity
P138
   -   represents (has representation)
E36 Visual Item
E1 CRM Entity
P68
usually employs (is usually employed by)
E29 Design or Procedure
E57 Material
P69
is associated with
E29 Design or Procedure
E29 Design or Procedure
P72
has language (is language of)
E33 Linguistic Object
E56 Language
P74
has current or former residence (is current or former residence of)
E39 Actor
E53 Place
P75
possesses (is possessed by)
E39 Actor
E30 Right
P76
has contact point (provides access to)
E39 Actor
E51 Contact Point
P81
ongoing throughout
E52 Time-Span
E61 Time Primitive
P82
at some time within
E52 Time-Span
E61 Time Primitive
P83
had at least duration (was minimum duration of)
E52 Time-Span
E54 Dimension
P84
had at most duration (was maximum duration of)
E52 Time-Span
E54 Dimension
P86
falls within (contains)
E52 Time-Span
E52 Time-Span
P88
consists of (forms part of)
E53 Place
E53 Place
P89
falls within (contains)
E53 Place
E53 Place
P90
has value
E54 Dimension
E60 Number
P91
has unit (is unit of)
E54 Dimension
E58 Measurement Unit
P97
from father (was father for)
E67 Birth
E21 Person
P101
had as general use (was use of)
E70 Stuff
E55 Type
P103
was intended for (was intention of)
E71 Man-Made Stuff
E55 Type
P104
is subject to (applies to)
E72 Legal Object
E30 Right
P105
right held by (has right on)
E72 Legal Object
E39 Actor
P106
is composed of (forms part of)
E73 Information Object
E73 Information Object
P107
has current or former member (is current or former member of)
E74 Group
E39 Actor
P109
has current or former curator ((is current or former curator of)
E78 Collection
E39 Actor
P111
added (was added by)
E79 Part Addition
E18 Physical Stuff
P113
removed (was removed by)
E80 Part Removal
E18 Physical Stuff
P114
is equal in time to
E2 Temporal Entity
E2 Temporal Entity
P115
finishes (is finished by)
E2 Temporal Entity
E2 Temporal Entity
P116
starts (is started by)
E2 Temporal Entity
E2 Temporal Entity
P117
occurs during (includes)
E2 Temporal Entity
E2 Temporal Entity
P118
overlaps in time with (is overlapped in time by)
E2 Temporal Entity
E2 Temporal Entity
P119
meets in time with (is met in time by)
E2 Temporal Entity
E2 Temporal Entity
P120
occurs  before (occurs  after)
E2 Temporal Entity
E2 Temporal Entity
P121
overlaps with
E53 Place
E53 Place
P122
borders with
E53 Place
E53 Place
P125
used object of type (was type of object used in)
E7 Activity
E55 Type
P126
employed (was employed in)
E11 Modification Event
E57 Material
P127
has broader term (has narrower term)
E55 Type
E55 Type
P128
carries (is carried by)
E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
E73 Information Object
P65
   -   shows visual item (is shown by)
E24 Physical Man-Made Stuff
E36 Visual Item
P130
shows features of (features are also found on)
E70 Stuff
E70 Stuff
P73
   -   has translation (is translation of)
E33 Linguistic Object
E33 Linguistic Object
P132
overlaps with
E4 Period
E4 Period
P133
is separated from
E4 Period
E4 Period
P137
is exemplified by (exemplifies)
E55 Type
E1 CRM Entity
P139
has alternative form
E41 Appellation
E41 Appellation
P140
assigned attribute to (was attributed by)
E13 Attribute Assignment
E1 CRM Entity
P34
   -   concerned (was assessed by)
E14 Condition Assessment
E18 Physical Stuff
P36
   -   registered (was registered by)
E15 Identifier Assignment
E19 Physical Object
P39
   -   measured (was measured by)
E16 Measurement Event
E70 Stuff
P41
   -   classified (was classified by)
E17 Type Assignment
E1 CRM Entity
P141
assigned (was assigned by)
E13 Attribute Assignment
E1 CRM Entity
P35
   -   has identified (identified by)
E14 Condition Assessment
E3 Condition State
P37
   -   assigned (was assigned by)
E15 Identifier Assignment
E42 Object Identifier
P38
   -   deassigned (was deassigned by)
E15 Identifier Assignment
E42 Object Identifier
P40
   -   observed dimension (was observed in)
E16 Measurement Event
E54 Dimension
P42
   -   assigned (was assigned by)