Subject: Fw: [protege-discussion] Re: XSLT for XML-Instance Import into protege

This takeup of Medline data into [ontological form] is relevant
to some of the work committee members are doing.

SC

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:42:16 -0800
From: Daniel Rubin <rubin@SMI.Stanford.EDU>
To: protege-discussion@SMI.Stanford.EDU

If you are comfortable writing out the .pins format (be careful though--if
there are any syntactical mistakes, your project will generate errors when
you open it), then this could work. The instance ID's you can create
yourself, and can be any unique string--the only requirement is that they
be unique to each instance, since they represent the frame handle for the
instance. The instance ID is also the default slot that is displayed for
the instance in Protege (but you can change this in the Forms tab--you may
want to choose, for example, to display the PMID in Protege). One person in
our lab imported the Gene Ontology into Protege using this approach.

Another possibility would be to use the XML plugin, though I personally
haven't tried using it in this situation.

Daniel