Subject: huml teleconf agenda item CFPapers April CIDOC CRM Meeting

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:13:41 +0200

the CRM leader Martin Doerr sent an invitation for presenting at the next CIDOC CRM
conference, in Hellas Greece.  -- If we want to present, the logical presenter would
perhaps be our member onsite in Greece, Manos....

> It will be organized as a workshop open to everybody, within
> the limitations of the facilities available.

Here's the announcement in text format.

=========

"Practice of Knowledge Sharing"
International CIDOC CRM Workshop
			ICS-FORTH, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
April 20-22 2004

The CIDOC CRM Special Interest Groupi and ICS-FORTH invite you to a three-day International Workshop designed to bring together researchers and practitioners in information provision and exchange, be it within organizations or on the envisaged semantic Web, in the area of scientific and cultural heritage, with the goal to present and discuss technical, organizational, and philosophical issues of effectively sharing knowledge among museums, libraries, and archives and integrating information within cultural institutions.

The program will comprise 2 days of submitted papers and discussions. The third day will be a CIDOC CRM SIG working meeting, open to all interested newcomers. The working meeting will deal with the planning of actions in reaction to the discussions and presentations.  Paper submissions are welcome on the following topics (or any other topic relevant to the workshop theme):

Inferencing, queries and user interfaces to large repositories of cultural information, in particular in CRM compatible form. Hiding complexity to the user.
Methodology and tools of mapping source schemata to the CRM or other global models for information integration.
Visualization of the CRM and other ontologies rich in relationships.
Integration architecture for large-scale cultural information services: mediator versus data warehouse approach.
Systems and architectures for large organizations that integrate collection, laboratory, archive and library data.
Optimal data store for repositories of cultural information: RDBMS versus RDF triples, functionality-specific optimizations.
Methodology and organization of a mapping registry and other information services to support users in questions of information integration
Teaching the CRM: methods, target audiences, translations.
New applications of core ontologies as the CRM

Submission can be for: papers, presentations, and position statements.

All contributions will be Web-published on the CIDOC CRM Web-site (http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr). Proposals, accompanied by an abstract of 100-300 words, should be sent to

Dr. Martin Doerr,
ICS-FORTH, Heraklion-Crete,
tel:+30 810 391625, e-mail:martin@ics.forth.gr

Submission dead-line by January 30, 2004.

Notification of acceptance by February 15, 2004.

The Workshop will be held at the facilities of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in Heraklion, Crete, Greece.  Attendance will be free and does not depend on a submission or acceptance of a proposal. Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, and meal costs. Light refreshments will be provided.  To assist our organization, participants are kindly asked to send a notification of participation by April 1st 2004.

--
 ;););) blessed are the geeks -- for they shall inherit the source code :):):)