Subject: Presentation

Title: Presentation
Hi Everyone,
Here is the first, as-yet-somewhat-incomplete, draft of the presentation paper and powerpoint slideshow.

For a variety of reasons I would prefer that everyone, except James and Russell confine your proofreading, comments and suggestions to email messages, citing the subheads for sections or the slide numbers under which these corrections, comments and suggestions occur. If you are contributing visuals, you can either use the format I have used for the slides, if you want to produce slides (which I would discourage, with the exception of James and Rob), or else please confine your efforts to creating images or animations which I can resize or edit to fit. I will be citing everyone who works on this as contributors and each of you as authors for the specific sections in which you write, produce images, slides or animations for us, so please indicate how you wish to be listed and how you wish your references cited. I will be compiling and editing the Bibliographic Appendices last. In the meantime I will include reference citations inline where they appear in your individual contributions.

For those of you who are still working on your individual subject area contributions, please send me what you have by end of day, Saturday, Nov. 29, 2003. I plan to compile the first full draft and provide it for proofing Sunday night, November 30, 2003 or Monday morning, Dec. 1, 2003.

Please Note: the animations are only placeholders, and many samples are not yet included because I simply don't have them yet and beyond the animations, I did not want to include a lot of placeholders. Rob is working on a new animation, James and Sylvia are working on specific slides and Sylvia is working on her sections for Cultural Descriptions and Cognition overview. I have not asked Chandra for a write up of his Mediation SC which is under construction, and there are personal intervening circumstances that have understandably delayed his efforts.

If you want to preview how the Portal functionality has been designed (but not a final version of how it will appear or work when displayed during demonstration go to:

http://www.starbourne.com/NYAM/NYAMPortal/NYAM-CAP-Portal1.html

for the first screen and the functionality of the individual Map and Medical portlets

http://www.starbourne.com/NYAM/NYAMPortal/NYAM-CAP-Portal2.html

for the CAP Incident screen

In the actual Portal both of the portlets will be interactive while remaining within the overall Portal Page.

I have not yet decided to what depth I will go in describing Web Services for Remote Portlets, since there is a completely separate presentation being polished by the chair of that TC for presentation Dec. 10 at XML2003.

We will also be attending Owen Ambur's Town Hall Meeting at XML2003 the evening of Dec. 9 after our presentation at the workshop.

All in all, I think this is sufficient for now. You should have enough to absorb and we have a schedule to keep, so on to making the servlet that is sitting on my plate.

CollabExpWrkshpPaper.doc

HumanML_in_Collaborations.ppt