Subject: [no subject]

--------------090508040602040604080400

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
see attached file, HumanMLinCollabtns-JL-edits-12-01-03.doc<br>
I reviewed and then made corrections to typos as I encountered them
(e.g., misspelled words, spacing, etc.). In several places
(particularly my section)&nbsp; I made corrections and inserted additonal
citations and added ther correspionding references to Appendix C,
References Cited.&nbsp; Please note that as I read through the paper<br>
&nbsp;I made a few changes to sentences, to make them more readable (my
opinion mostly, but also to correct grammar in afew places), and in
several instances made notes (e.g., (NOTE: CITATION and REFERENCE
needed here) ) in places where statements are made that I believe need
citation and reference. I also added to the end of the section on Data
Dictionaries and Thesauri a "see also the related section"" pointer to
Sylvia's section on Cultural Descriptions and Linguistics, as those 2
sections discuss independently associated issues of relevance.&nbsp;&nbsp; I also
added an example to Sylvia's sentence that focuses discussion on
miscommunication, so that the sentence now reads:<br>
"An iconic usage in one cultural
context can be easily misunderstood as idolatry in another, for
example, the
Taliban&#8217;s ethnocentrically-biased destruction of Buddhist statuary in <st1:country-region><st1:place>Afghanistan</st1:place></st1:country-region>
in 2001."<o:p></o:p>
For Appendix A, which is the full list of Authors, I suggest appending
the Institutional Affiliation to each author's listing.&nbsp; For example, I
added a basic affiliation for Rex (Starbourne Communications, Inc.,
Berkeley, California- Rex, is that correct?), Rob Nixon (Quantum
Digital Arts, Inc., Appleton Wisconsin- Rob is that correct?), and for
me also. <br>
Previously I suggested reorganizing the paper, i.e., moving whole
sections around to acchieve better flow, and even though time is fast
slipping away at this juncture, if it is still deemed advisable by yhte
group to do that, I will be happy to do that after this current round
of edits are submitted to Rex and he send s out the prefinal version.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--