Subject: Presentation Paper and Slideshow Finals

Hi Everyone,

The attached files are the final paper and slideshow for the
presentation I will be delivering Tuesday, December 9, 2003 at the
Collaboration Expedition Workshop #30. To remind us all who have our
own specialties within the larger shared context this Workshop
addresses, this presentation's topic area is:

How the Human Markup Language can advance social needs understanding
by intergovernmental process teams as they determine how to support
multi-jurisdictional users and their increasingly interdependent
tasks. Incubating New Kinds of Collaborations through Emerging
XML/RDF Technologies: Proof of Concept for Public Healthcare
Preparedness Portal for the New York Academy of Medicine using the
Common Alerting Protocol.

If the files do not open properly for you, let me know. I run my
email from a G4 Mac for a variety of reasons, using Eudora so when
attachments are sent the file names sometimes are changed to suit
packet protocols and practices, and whenever I change the formats for
attachments from BinHex it causes problems. I will arrange to have
one of my colleagues send them from a Windows machine. I don't use my
Windows machines for mail for another variety of reasons, which are
immaterial. For those of you with other requirements, please let me
know, and I will try to accommodate your needs.

I am now only working on my delivery. There isn't time to for more
edits. We have done the best we can with the time we had and I am
satisfied with it. If you know me, you know that amounts to pretty
high praise, and I want to thank everyone for their contributions. I
am sure we will all find nits to pick, but we can refine it as we go
along. Most parts will find their way into grant proposals and other
presentations, so if you need to make changes, please focus your
efforts toward moving forward. In other words, short of a true show
stopper, please let me focus what remains of my time on the delivery.

For those of you who I hope to see, you can look forward to the
higher resolution images and the playable animations which don't play
in this version since they require the source files, and you can
prepare your questions in advance. I have more than enough material
to adapt my delivery to the interests of the audience, or go back to
answer more specific questions for sections which are somewhat
glossed over.

For those who can't attend, I hope these materials suffice, and the
versions with the playable animations and higher resolution images
will be made available in various archives. I will announce it when
that happens.

For Susan, I have made arrangements with Russell for him to email the
materials with instructions separately in several messages with the
files attached to individual emails to ensure as much as we can the
smooth transmission of fairly large files.

Note for those attending. If you haven't RSVP'ed by now, please do so today by
mailto:renee.hughes@gsa.gov to ensure building entry.

I hope those of you on the Right Coast have a nice, toasty safe and
pleasant weekend.

Regards,

HumanML in Collaborations Final [1a].doc

HumanML_in_Collaborations.ppt