Subject: Mediation SC: draft charter

I am posting a draft of the original Mediation SC charter (when it was called Conflict Resolution SC)

Rex will be chairing this SC at this time of course, although I will contribute as much as I am able.

Feel free to submit feedback.

---

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

SUBCOMMITTEE

-----------

Mission Statement:

-----

The Mediation Subcommittee of the HumanMarkup Technical Committee is setup to gather resources and establish relationships between organizations with a vested interest in mitigating conflict.  Subsequently, this SC will feed the development of the Human Markup Language, and other standards, to ensure that these specifications can facilitate this effort.

Scope:

-----

1) to organize resources and determine parties interested in mediation standards,

2) establish membership and liaisons between these various parties

3) develop use-cases for HumanML applications applied in mediation scenarios

4) develop extensions to the HumanMarkup Base Schema, and other efforts within the Internet Standards arena, that can be helpful in promoting communications that can facilitate mediation

Interested parties may include the following:

-----

Government agencies -- inter and intra government

United Nations and other International bodies

Corporations -- interested in conflict management within

Individuals and Organizations involved in Negotiation, Arbitration, and Deal Making

Political Analysts and Commentators

Values Statement:

-----

Openness, honesty, and accountability of information transfer.

Objectives Statement:

-----

We will endeavor to deliver an initial outline of resources for this subcommittee.

We will endeavor to establish relationships with appropriate organizations and government agencies.

Further we will establish guidelines for maintaining and extending the HumanMarkup Base Schema and other efforts.

Membership:

------

Rex Brooks: Chair

Other roles: TBD