Subject: RE: Re: [huml] Next TC Meeting: March 11th 2004 Wednesday, 12noon EST

Title: RE: Re: [huml] Next TC Meeting: March 11th 2004 Wednesday,
Thanks, Ranjeeth,

I thought that might be the case, since the timing was so short, but I didn't want to say so without checking with you first. I think it would be very appropriate to schedule a second TC meeting for this month to, in essence, make up for the one that was missed last month. This is the time of the year, between President's Day and the end of May after the worst of winter and its solstice holidays and the start of summer vacation season along with fall between Labor Day and Thanksgiving in the states, that our working world gets the majority of its work done, so we are a bit behind for making significant progress this year.

I think we can make up for that by getting most of the work done on a revision of our primary base XML schema, marrying it to a matching RDF Schema and an OWL Ontology and getting both the HPCDML SC and Mediation SC off on a solid footing. I also want this work to be the basis for some tangible concrete working applications which I will be happy to produce, finishing our chat application with a report generation module that can log such a session, mark it up using an emotional state indication mechanism via a 3D visual representation system, which also can be used to generate an indication of consensus or lack thereof based both on the emotional reaction states of participants as well as an automatic roll-taking and vote-recording system.

I think this might be helpful for reversing a tendency for our work being viewed as idealistic wishful thinking.

There are, of course, other irons in other fires, such as web services, emergency management and egov which will be on the agenda as well.