Subject: Meeting Reminder and: Fwd: RE: Reminder and a new item

Title: Meeting Reminder and: Fwd: RE: Reminder and a new item
Hi Folks,

I wanted to make dual use of this message to remind you all of the meeting Teleconference:

Time:Wednesday, 10 March 2004, 12:00pm to 01:00pm Eastern Time

    Dial in toll free: 877 950 6921
    outside of USA toll: 1 203 277 0324
    passcode: 696410

and to pass along this information, which provides a point of departure for some of our discussion about the Mediation Subcommittee Charter and Mission Statement which I will post tomorrow morning with a second reminder. I will be including some of this message from Diane Lewis in the agenda which will accompany the revised Medication Subcommittee Charter and Mission Statement.

P.S. There is PyCon going on at the same time, so it is likely that Sylvia at least won't be able to join, but we will simply do the best we can.

Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:53:05 -0500 (EST)
From: "Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov" <Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov>
Subject: RE: Reminder and a new item
Sender: "Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov" <Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov>
To: "'rexb@starbourne.com'" <rexb@starbourne.com>
Autoforwarded: FALSE
Sorry Rex to be a week late with response to your inquiries...

There are two sources that i can currently provide you with regarding legal vocabularies.  These sources are valid because they have been produced by justice community players at both local, state and national levels.  Public Safety as well as law enforcement domains are covered.

    The overall Justice Department Data Reference Model is still a work in progress... I will pass along your inquiry to the executive in charge so he is aware of the another need for a standard baseline justice data model.

These legal data standard sources i suggest you refer to for legal data elements that hopefully support your initiatives.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=legalxml-odr

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=legalxml-courtfiling

http://www.it.ojp.gov/index.jsp

http://www.it.ojp.gov/topic.jsp?topic_id=43

The formal mediation process initiated by federal attorneys is known as alternative dispute resolution (ADR).   It is likely that the Department of Labor and other federal agencies have mediation processes that include legal vocabulary.

i agree and look forward to building federal government registries with regard to supporting emergency management information exchanges.  Given that law enforcement personnel are usually the first responder... the tie with the Justice community is obvious.   i will keep in touch. diane