Subject: Let's start our discussions, request to change date of meeting

Fellow Committee Members,

I want to get our discussions started, if I can,
by asking that we all review the specific
document which we intend to use as the basis of
our revision of the primary base schema. I am
including the url from the TC document repository
for this purpose.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/humanmarkup/download.php/13219/huml-base-rev093-SC.html

This is Dr. Sylvia Candelaria de Ram's last
previous version. I suggest you save it locally
for review and to use as part of our next meeting.

Speaking of our next meeting. Our normal date and
time would be the fourth Wednesday of the month,
but that falls on the 22nd, but I am scheduled to
be in Nashville, Tennessee at the Fourth National
Medical Banking Institute as a workgroup leader
in the Çooperative, Open-Source Medical Banking
Architecture and Technology Program, so I would
like to change the date to the third Wednesday of
the month, Feb. 15, 2006 at 12:00 p.m. to 1:00
p.m. Eastern Time.

Just so you understand what I will personally be
seeking in the discussion of the revision, let me
say that I want to make sure that the language is
widely understandable and clear while remaining
consistent with the CIDOC CRM
http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/

CIDOC stands for the Committee for Documentation
of the International Council of Museums and CRM
stands for Conceptual Reference Model.

We also need to be clear that the model for human
communication that we have chosen is that of
Semiosis.

Lastly, we need to take the decision about the
specific IPR category offered by OASIS that we
will use.

http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

We need to do this because this may be the only
specification this committee produces, depending
on how much participation we can develop over
these three months we have set for producing this
work. We don't necessarily have to take this
decision at our next meeting, but we should take
it before the end of the three months.

Regards,
President, CEO
Starbourne Communications Design