Subject: HHS RFI on Personal Information

Hi Folks,

I neglected to include in my previous post the second of the two
Requests For Information from the Department of Health and Human
Services.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2006/E6-7833.htm

This one is specific to our domain in that it asks for information thus:

"SUMMARY: To improve emergency preparedness, response and recovery
efforts, HHS invites public comment on the availability or
feasibility of private sector services through which individuals
could voluntarily submit their personal information for storage so
that they, their family members, or other designated individuals
could access the information in an emergency...."

I put the salient phrase in bold and underlined it in order to
highlight that this is exactly what I, personally, have sought to
avoid, though my aim has not been directed to the emergency
management domain but rather to the domain of privacy issues and the
issue of who "owns" personal information in general, and, in more
recent times, health records in particular.

Regardless, I thought the two were covered in the same RFI, which I,
obviously, did not read through entirely or I would have noticed.
This is what comes of taking a third party summary too literally.
However, I am glad that it is framed as a second, separate RFI though
part of the pair of RFIs issued by HHS on this. Here is the HHS page
that covers these two RFIs.

http://www.hhs.gov/emergency/rfi/

I will do my best to get this clear in the minutes I write up over the weekend.

Regards,
President, CEO
Starbourne Communications Design
GeoAddress: 1361-A Addison