ibops message

Subject: Getting the first meeting of IBOPS on the TC calendar

Hi Abbie,

The next step in preparing for the launch of the IBOPS TC is to get the first meeting on the TC calendar. Since it is a face-to-face, the meeting entry will need to have the location as well as call in details for anyone who cannot attend in person.

As far as the agenda goes, this is the generic agenda I always give conveners:

- Call to Order and Welcome

- Volunteer for Note Taking

- Roll Call

- Nominations for Chair/Co-Chairs

- Election of Chair or Co-Chairs

  As you know, after the election of the chair, the chair takes over.

- Welcome from OASIS Staff

  This is the optional 20 minute presentation from me on the OASIS process for creating specs. If it isn't convenient to do it at the first meeting, you can always ask me to do it later

- Review of the TC Charter

  Optional - generally only done where there are a lot of members who weren't involved in the charter drafting stage.

- Discussion of Contributed Work

  Optional but since BOPS is being contributed, it may be worth going over this and explaining how to make contributions and what the contribution means.

- Assignment of Responsibilities

  This is generally done if you want to appoint a Secretary and / or Editor at the first meeting.

- Confirmation of Meeting Schedule

- Any other business

- Adjourn

The TC's calendar is at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ibops/calendar.php#full_calendar. The add new event button is on the left side of the  page.