icom message

Subject: Versioninig?

Greetings!

During Eric's presentation (which I am finding very helpful) he mentions
that there is no "versioning" of email.

It strikes me as odd that email or any other content, which might be
authored in a collaborative context, cannot be versioned.

I suppose if email is thought of as originating outside of the
collaborative model then versioning may not be relevant but I would
hesitate to say that versioning isn't relevant even there.

For example, what if I send an email that contains a proposal for
inclusion in ICOM and then after some discussion, I revise my proposal
such that it should be considered both an continuation of the prior
email but also a new proposal. In that case, capturing that my second
email is a subsequent version of the first one may (or may not) be
important.

I suppose the more general question (which I should read the Beehive
model to see what it says) is what relationships, such as versioning,
that we can model between emails or other content?

Hope that everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net