icom message

Subject: Invitation to present at the "OWL2: Tools and Applications" virtual panel session - Thu 2010.08.05

Dear Alan, Eric  and All,

Further to our conversation earlier last week at the ICOM workshop at
Oracle,  I am writing to invite the Oracle and ICOM team to come join
us at the upcoming "OWL2: Tools and Applications" session on Ontolog
Forum, as one of the parties on the panel.

Professor Ian Horrocks will be championing and chairing this program
(I promised Ian that I will take the initiative to contact you.) This
is envisioned as a mini-series of two back-to-back virtual sessions on
"OWL 2." The first session (tentatively scheduled for Thu 2010.07.29)
will cover the OWL 2 standard and specifications, and a second panel
session will follow, featuring "OWL2: Tools and Applications."

This second OWL2 session, which we are looking forward to have your
presence, is tentatively scheduled for Thu 2010.08.05. It will be a 2
hour session, starting at: 10:30am PDT / 1:30pm EDT / 7:30pm CEST /
6:30pm BST / 17:30 UTC. We will be expecting 4 to 6 parties on the
panel and that each party on the panel will be allotted ~15 minutes
for their presentation and/or demo.

Please:

1. acknowledge this message, and confirm your participation.

2. provide a title and a brief abstract of your presentation
(preferably some time this week)

3. Let us have the name and biosketch of the speaker(s) (if the latter
is not already on the OntologWiki)

4. note that we will need your slides by end-of-day two days before
the Thursday session (i.e. by end Tuesday.)

5. review the page:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpeakerSessionTips
... especially on the IPR Policy and the section "For the SPEAKERS."

We shall look forward to your sharing your work and insight with the community.

Thanks & regards.  =ppy

p.s. see our other past Ontolog events
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ ) like,
Alan's talk at http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_10_18
or a sample recent Panel Session:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2010_03_25
to get an idea on the format of our virtual events.