icom message

Subject: 4.3 Message Module, 4.4 Forum Module

Greetings!

Comments on Message Module:

4.3.1.1 Description

> A MimeConvertible object represents an object that has Multipurpose
> Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) characteristics such as headers,
> content transfer encoding, and possible hierarchy of sub-contents.

MIME includes more than email these days.

Is there any reason we should not be more specific?

Ah, I see, you want to treat email, voice and fax all as messages.

I wouldn't.

Cleaner to treat each one separately and then add to UnifiedMessage.

Besides, I don't think there are MIME types for voice communications. (I
haven't checked, may be wrong on that point.)

icom:Participant - *not defined*

Just caught my eye. Need to sweep for all of these.

4.3.5

> There are eight flags defined by ICOM:
>
>       * icom_msg:Never: to express that a sender requests status
>         notification not be returned to the sender under any
>         conditions.
>
>       * icom_msg:Success: to express that a sender requests a status
>         notification for successful delivery of a message.
>
>       * icom_msg:Failure: to express that a sender requests a status
>         notification for delivery failure of a message.
>
>       * icom_msg:Delay: to express that a sender requests a status
>         notification when delivery of a message has been delayed for
>         an unusual amount of time.

Err, I only count 4. Yes?

There were 8 in the prior section, but like here, it isn't clear if
these are values for attributes, or attributes.

Same comment for 4.3.6 on attribute or value.

BTW, when did we pick up the *to express* language?

Just say whatever is to be said:

Ex.

icom_msg:Hidden: to express that a message is hidden.

icom_msg:Hidden: message is hidden.

Short, sweet.

Still need to decide if this is an attribute value and if so, where?
Along with the others.

4.4 Forum Module

4.4.4.1 Description

"A forum is a folder that contains sub-forums, topics, and
announcements."

Q: Don't we need a broader definition here?

4.4.5.1 Description

Delete:

"The discussions in a topic may be sorted in chronological order or
threaded by reply."

application behavior

4.4.7 attributes or values?

I am sure there are other wording/definition errors. Will see waht I can
easily pickup with a concordance.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Patrick