icom message

Subject: RE: [icom] 30-day Committee Specification Draft Review Request forIntegrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM) for Interoperable CollaborationServices Version 1.0

Hello Robin,

Please use the revised abstract:

The Integrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM) for Interoperable Collaboration Services standard defines a framework for integrating a broad range of domain models for collaboration activities in an integrated and interoperable collaboration environment. The framework is intended to enable seamless transitions across collaboration activities. For example, applications can aggregate conversation threads in email with other conversations on the same topic in instant message, over the phone or via real-time conferencing, by discussion threads in community forum, weblog or micro blog, and activity stream of participants from all channels. ICOM encompasses and improves on a range of models which are part of existing standards and technologies. The framework lowers the barrier for independent software vendors and open source communities to integrate collaboration services and to create collaboration tools that offer seamless user experience for diverse collaboration activities with minimal context switching.

Thanks,
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Cover [mailto:robin@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 6:38 PM
To: ICOM TC List
Cc: Robin Cover

30-day Committee Specification Draft Review Request
for Integrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM) for
Interoperable Collaboration Services Version 1.0

Description
The following request has been submitted to the OASIS
TC Administrator on 05/04/2011:

Submitter's Name
   Eric S. Chan

TC Name
   ICOM TC

TC Email Address
[1] icom@lists.oasis-open.org

Work Product Title
   Integrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM) for
   Interoperable Collaboration Services Version 1.0

Committee Specification Draft ##
   CSD 1

CSD URI
[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/icom/ICOM/v1.0/csd01/icom-spec-v1.0-csd01.html

Additional Resources
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41408/icom-spec-draft-CD1.doc

Approval Link
[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/icom/email/archives/201103/msg00015.html
(public URI: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/icom/201103/msg00015.html )

Abstract

The Integrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM) for Interoperable
Collaboration Services standard defines a framework for integrating
a broad range of domain models for collaboration activities in
an integrated and interoperable collaboration environment. The
framework is intended as a basis for integrating a broad range of
collaboration objects to enable seamless transitions across
collaboration activities. This enables applications to aggregate
discussion threads across multiple collaboration activities. For
example, applications can aggregate conversation threads in email
with other conversations on the same topic in instant message,
over the phone or via real-time conferencing, by discussion threads
in community forum, weblog or micro blog, and activity stream of
participants from all channels. The model integrates a broad range
of collaboration activities, by encompassing and improving on a
range of models which are part of existing standards and technologies.
The framework lowers the barrier for independent software vendors
for integrating collaboration services and to create collaboration
tools that offer seamless user experience for diverse collaboration
activities with minimal context switching.

[** see update in JIRA]

TC Description

The OASIS ICOM TC works to define a standard for integrated and
interoperable enterprise collaboration. Participation in the
OASIS ICOM TC is open to all interested parties. Commercial and
open source providers of specific channel applications including
forum, wiki, blog, email, chat, and conferencing will benefit by
integrating their components into the ICOM framework. The ICOM
TC is investigating extensions of the model for process integration
and social networking domains, The TC is also developing proof
of concepts using a Java Persistence API framework in the
http://java.net/projects/open-icom incubation project.

Notification List

  OMG TC for Case Management Process Modeling (CMPM) RFP,

[1] mailto:icom@lists.oasis-open.org

--

Robin Cover
Interim TC Administrator