icom message

Subject: Re: Normative vs. Non-normative references

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for asking. The OASIS TC Process is pretty clear on this.
Section 2.18, Work Product Quality reads:

"(3) References. A Work Product that is approved by the TC at any
level must clearly indicate whether each reference in the Work Product
to a document or artifact is a Normative Reference."

And that has been operationally interpreted to mean that all
references made in the document must be collected into a Normative and
Non-Normative references section, typically at the beginning of the
document.

So indeed, if references are made throughout the specification, then
they need to be collected into the Normative and Non-Normative
sections of the specification.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Best regards,

/chet

--

/chet