icom message

Subject: Minutes for ICOM TC Meeting on June 6, 9:00 - 10:00 AM PDT

1. Roll Call

Eric, Ken, Patrick, Laura, Peter, Dierdre

2. Discussion of the ICOM meeting time and day.

After some discussion, it was decided to meet on Wednesdays 8:30-9:30PDT.

3. Discussion of the goals of the TC and plans for dissemination. (see below for Goals, Concerns and Tasks)

So far there are 3 ICOM-based applications:

Beehive, an Oracle product.
A Calendar for Semantic MediaWiki developed by Ken's student, Yuwang.
A podcast application now being developed by Ken's student Sumit.

The TC should use Beehive for its own coordination.

Ken will personally contact each active (non-observing) member of the TC. Ken will send email and/or call them. We need participation in the form of use cases, products, demos, join telcos. We are now moving to version 2 and we especially need use cases for the new version, such as for social networking.

Ken will arrange for an active demo of Yuwang's calendar application. This is only a student project, but it shows promise.

Visualizations would help with understanding of the model. Ken is also developing documentation to go along with the visualization to help assure users that the complexity of the OWL constraints is not as mysterious as it might appear at first glance.

Examples of small use cases would help show how it can be used without developing a large application, and would also help assure new developers that the model is not unwieldy.

4. Approval of updates to ICOM v1.

Eric and Ken will be updating the document as a Microsoft Word document (with the .doc suffix). We will stay with this format for this version. We may change to a new format for version 2, but that will be decided later.

Meeting adjourned at 10:10AM PDT.