Subject: Draft minutes of 28-29 April 2011 OASIS IDCloud TC F2F Meeting

L.S.,

Please find attached the draft meeting minutes of the 28-29 April 2011 OASIS IDCloud TC F2F Meeting.

These are all the notes put together, received so far.

Attendance is also updated in Kavi.

If you find any mistakes, please let me know.

Regards,

Gershon Janssen

DRAFT MINUTES
OASIS IDCloud TC F2F Meeting
28-29 April 2011, 09:00am PDT, 05:00pm PDT

1. Roll Call and Agenda Review

Name				Status
----				------
Anil Saldhana		Member
Anthony Nadalin		Member
Brian Marshall		Member
Colin Wallis		Member
Dale Moberg			Member
Darran Rolls		Member
David Turner		Member
Doron Cohen			Member
Dr. David Chadwick	Member
Dr. Dominique Nguyen	Member
Gershon Janssen		Member
Matthew Rutkowski		Member
Michele Drgon		Member
Peter Brown			Member
Siddharth Bajaj		Member
Thomas Hardjono		Member
Roger Bass			Member
Joanne Furtsch		Member
Mark Schertler		Member

Observers:
Jim Adler

19 people joined the meeting, 10 of 18 voting members present (55%).

This meeting quorates.

Status changes:
Lost voting rights:
Abbie Barbir, Andy Kindred, Dale Olds, Daniel Turissini, Jeffrey Broberg

Gained voting rights:
Brian Marshall, David Turner, Dr. David Chadwick

2. Approval of 4 April 2011 Minutes

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/id-cloud/201104/msg00012.html

Motion to approve on April 4 meeting minutes, proposed by Matt, seconded Roger, approved by unanimous consent.

3. Use Case Discussion and Normalization

- Discussed classification of use cases by category, deployment model, and service model.  For both category and service
level, we should identify 'primary'  and 'secondary'.  Deployment categories: most scenarios apply to all, so we will
not spend much time on this.

- Normalizing 'Actors'  was agreed to be valuable - and indeed 'Services' and 'Systems' as well. We want the output of
this meeting to be published in some form for "public review".  Per OASIS rules, the document would need to have
'Committee Specification' status.   It was generally agreed that it makes sense to create a "Naming" subgroup to
consider normalization of these different terms.  It was agreed initially to keep that informal rather than create a
formal SC.  Peter, Gershon, Matt, Doron, Roger volunteered to do that.  Gershon and others will email the full TC list
with any details for the Naming Subgroup.

- Regarding 'Actors' - Peter noted that 'Actors' are different from 'Roles'.  SOA reference architecture groups
discussed this extensively (see Peter's email re SOA-RA output).  The subgroup should probably consider those as
separate concepts, leveraging the SOA-RA work as appropriate.

- Initial deliverable of the Naming group is due on May 16th.

- Use cases are clearly at different levels of granularity.  It was agreed that to properly compare use cases, they need
to be decomposed to be at the same level of granularity.  It was not decided when that should happen.

- Use cases to be combined:
   - 11 with 31
   - 6=12+13

- We need to put forward terms and definitions.  Many definitions exist: we need to agree which ones we will use and
reference within this TC.  Tony volunteered to provide this by May 31st.  Excluded: conforming use cases to these terms
and definitions.

- 17: request author to rewrite with reference to Attribute Management and Audit & Compliance aspects.

- 19: request author to shift to Attribute Management model

- 10/14: subgroup (Matt, Doron, Dale, Roger. + author, Prime Key?) rewrite to focus as follows:
   - 10: signing in the cloud
   - 14: delegation/chaining of signing authority

- 12 is a scenario of 20

- Need a use case for token transformation (in 6?). no volunteer yet

- 20,21,22: combine into one use case with separate scenarios

- 23: need to remove step 4 (or separate into a separate scenario/use case)

4. Other Business

* Draft Timeline for ID-Cloud TC work:

* Before May 16:
- Receive more detailed and elaborated use cases as agreed during face-2-face meeting (action items)

* May 16:
- vote on establishing a Committee Draft version 1
   + use case document as-is at that point in time, including deletions, modifications, etc.
- normalized names review from sub-group

* May 31:
- Definitions

* July 15:
- Vote on establishing a Committee Draft version 2, including:
   + normalized names
   + definitions
   + decomposition of use cases

* September 1:
- Vote on establishing a Committee Specification version 1
- Vote on putting the Committee Specification version 1 to a 60-day Public Review

5. Adjourn

- Next meeting: 16 May 2011.

- Use case document with modifications from F2F has been posted to SVN:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/id-cloud/?rev=13&sc=1

- Meeting adjourned.