Subject: Groups - Naming Normalization (id-cloud use case naming normalization.xlsx) uploaded

Peter, Gershon, Matt, Doron et al,

Not sure if anyone else had started on this yet, but heres a first cut re
normalization of names/terms.  Id signed up to do this for Services, but
it proved to be little more work to do it for Actors and Systems as well
and indeed, those categories were inconsistently applied across use cases.
I referred to the SOA-RA doc Peter linked to.  It had some helpful
high-level notions, notably in distinguishing two types of Actors
(Participants and Delegates, who act on behalf of Participants).  Im also
wondering if the SOA group or anyone else has developed a more granular
taxonomy for these terms, before we invent our own.  I also did a quick
review of the glossary/definitions a couple of those might be better to
use instead of others in the attached, but I didnt make any changes yet.

In attempting to normalize terms, a few issues came up that seemed worth
some discussion  essentially, questions as to which distinctions are
actually meaningful, and which arent.  See below.

Roger

1.	Relationship of: Identity Provider, Store, Service?
    a.	Provider = a Delegate (type of Actor, a Company, employed by a
Participant Actor) ?? is it usually better to use either Store or Service?
 However Identity Provider (IdP) is a fairly common term
    b.	Store = a System, managed by a Provider
    c.	Service = for accessing the System
2.	Make generic (Entity? Organization?), pick one, or use all:
Company/Enterprise/Agency/Organization/Entity/Party?
3.	Use consistent naming/prefixes regarding Roles FOR (rather than at)
Companies (etc): e.g. Supplier Company, Business Partner Company, Sender..,
Receiver.. etc
4.	Application/Service/System/Provider?
5.	Use of Cloud prefix or not?  Are there cases where it is not a
meaningful distinction (Cloud Identity Store vs Identity Store?)

 -- Roger Bass

The document named Naming Normalization (id-cloud use case naming
normalization.xlsx) has been submitted by Roger Bass to the OASIS Identity
in the Cloud TC document repository.

Document Description:
Working document regarding names and terms used for Actors, Systems,
Services, Roles in Use Cases, and possible normalization.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42145

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42145/id-cloud%20use%20case%20naming%20normalization.xlsx