Subject: RE: [id-cloud] JTC1 SC38 study group on cloud computing

Hi Jamie,
I attended the SC38 SGCC Open Meeting yesterday in Boulder and plan to
update my friend Anil and the id-cloud team on the various presentations and
dialogues. It was a very good meeting. The good news is that OASIS and
id-cloud is already on SC38 SG 1's radar, as can be seen in this latest v.2
of their Draft Study (page 26). Their intention was to work with id-cloud in
the second half of 2011.

The next Open Meeting is expected to be in Seoul in September if they can
set it up on either side of the ISO/IEC JTC SC38 4th Plenary (although ITU-T
is also having meetings then too).

At a minimum, the meeting was a good one because 10 SDO's outlined what they
were doing in the Cloud Space: DMTF, SNI, OGF, CSA, TM Forum, GICTF, The
Open Group, IEEE, ITU-T and ATIS. The SC38 SGCC, led by Seungyun Lee of
ETRI, will continue to define potential work items as they pursue whether it
makes sense for them to form a formal WG or not.

The link to the presentations is not working today so I am trying to gather
a set of the various SDO presentations if anyone is interested in receiving
copies.  If anyone outside of id-cloud has any questions about the event,
please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Michele

Michele Drgon