OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

id-cloud message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Meeting Minutes of 19 Sep 2011 Oasis IDCloud TC


1. Roll Call, Agenda Review and Minute Taker Nomination

Traxian     Roger Bass     Voting Member
Individual     Gershon Janssen     Secretary
IBM     David Kern     Voting Member
Vanguard Integrity Professionals     Brian Marshall     Member
Bank of America     Dominique Nguyen     Voting Member
CA Technologies     Christopher Ramstrom     Member
IBM     Matthew Rutkowski     Secretary
Red Hat     Anil Saldhana     Chair
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.     Joe Savak     Member
Daon     Cathy Tilton     Member
WidePoint Corporation     Daniel Turissini     Member
Microsoft     David Turner     Voting Member

Quorum achieved: 7 out of 12 voting members (63%)

Note: Gershon will soon email with the status changes. :)

2. Approval of 22 Aug 2011 Meeting Minutes

Dominique moved. Gershon seconded. Approved.

3. Use Case Document

- Terms and Definitions

- Cleanup/additional work on Use Cases  (JIRAs filed)

Current Draft: http://docs.oasis-open.org/id-cloud/IDCloud-usecases/v1.0/cnd01/IDCloud-usecases-v1.0-cnd01.html

4. Gap Analysis Work

5. Open Data Center Alliance (http://www.opendatacenteralliance.org/) liaison.


6. Oasis International Cloud Symposium


7. Other Business.

8. Adjourn.

Chat Room Transcript:

Gershon Janssen: Hi Anil.
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Gershon: ready with roll?
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): gershon: not sure if u have been able to set the voting status in roster.
Gershon Janssen: I'm travelling today and will join, but cannot do secretarial duties.
Gershon Janssen: Also, my roster status is still on LOA so cannot do anything related....
Dan Turissini [WidePoint]: Anil, are you going to the Biometric Consortium Conference next week?
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): dan: no.
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): dan: I don't do any biometric stuff. 
Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt here as wekk
Matt Rutkowski (IBM): well
Dan Turissini [WidePoint]: Anil: there appears to be some convergence or at least expected collaboration.
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): gershon: updated the roster for u.
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): gershon: changed ur status to secretary
Gershon Janssen: Okay, if back to secretary i can update this afternoon.
anonymous morphed into David Kern (IBM)
David Kern (IBM): Greetings
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): david: good afternoon.
Gershon Janssen: I'll pull details from the raw minutes.
anonymous morphed into JoeSavak (Rackspace)
JoeSavak (Rackspace): hi all
anonymous morphed into Mark Ballard
Mark Ballard morphed into Mark Ballard (Computer Weekly)
Roger Bass (Traxian): One additional item for AOB: a joint initiative in the banking/financial space between IFX and BIAN (Interactive Financial eXchange and Banking Industry Architecture Network)
dturner morphed into David Turner
Roger Bass (Traxian): There's a kick-off meeting I hope to attend Oct 4th
Roger Bass (Traxian): The identity issue that this touches on potentially is the notion of "Manage Party" in payment/remittance transactions
David Kern (IBM): I'm on the phone call as well
Roger Bass (Traxian): Anil: are we going to have new members/attendees all introduce themselves to the group?
Mark Ballard (Computer Weekly): Hello - I my phone seems to be muted. Sorry can't intro myself.
Roger Bass (Traxian): *6 to mute/unmute
Mark Ballard (Computer Weekly): thanks!
anonymous1 morphed into Cathy Tilton (Daon)
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Mark Ballard:  Because of IPR issues, you cannot attend the call. We will have to contact Oasis legal.
Brian Marshall (Vanguard): I am here
Brian Marshall (Vanguard): Sorry I am late
Roger Bass (Traxian): We discussed the Jira items for further work to be done on Use Cases
Roger Bass (Traxian): Many of these require some work to use normalized terms for Services, Actors etc, as well as Terms and Definitions
Roger Bass (Traxian): Some of these items relate to use cases whose original submitters are no longer actively involved
Roger Bass (Traxian): If the original submitter is no longer interested, we will need to find a volunteer to take on such use cases
Roger Bass (Traxian): Anil has the action item to get current or new owners engaged
Roger Bass (Traxian): Gap Analysis
Roger Bass (Traxian): We started the weekly calls by identifying various different identity standards that potentially applied
Roger Bass (Traxian): The calls have continued by focusing use-case-by-use-case, discussing in more detail the standards that might apply - and potential gaps
Roger Bass (Traxian): Going forward, we will add a 20-30 minute agenda item for the regular TC calls to discuss Gap Analysis
Roger Bass (Traxian): (OUT OF ORDER)
Roger Bass (Traxian): Matt summarized status on Terms and Definitions
Roger Bass (Traxian): In the Committee Draft, we have merged two definition sources (SAML and ITU). For the most part these do not conflict - but in a few cases there are differences that need to be resolved
Roger Bass (Traxian): Anil introduced the email from Jamie Clark, and the approach from the Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA)
Roger Bass (Traxian): Since Red Hat is already a solution provider member of ODCA, Anil volunteered to be the liaison for the time being
Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Can we select deadlines for use case submission (new) and revised and a target date for final rev 2 draft?
Roger Bass (Traxian): We discussed what a realistic timeframe is for getting the second draft done
Roger Bass (Traxian): Ideally, we would have this done by the OASIS Symposium in mid-October
Roger Bass (Traxian): This seems somewhat aggressive, given the need to "ride herd" on use case owners to get the required changes done
Roger Bass (Traxian): and indeed, the need for coordination in several cases, between owners of two use cases (e.g. to incorporate one use case under another)
Roger Bass (Traxian): Anil has the action item to follow up with owners or volunteers
Roger Bass (Traxian): Dan Turissini had volunteered to take ownership of one/some use case(s) (which?)
Roger Bass (Traxian): For next time, to speed Roll Call, Anil should include in the agenda update a link to the new system allowing members to track their own attendance
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Roger: Dan volunteered to take up Bob Cope's use cases.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]