Subject: IDCloud Gap Analysis initial outline on Gap Analysis document

FYI.

Please find some details in the below email on the initial outline of the setup for the Gap Analysis document.

Kind regards,

Gershon Janssen

-----Original Message-----
From: Gershon Janssen [mailto:gershon@qroot.com]
Sent: woensdag 23 november 2011 17:03
To: 'Roger Bass'; 'Nguyen, Dominique V'; 'Anil.Saldhana@redhat.com'
Cc: 'mrutkows@us.ibm.com'
Subject: RE: IDCloud::Gap Analysis Editors

Hi all,

I think we need a base document to have a more structured discussion on the GAP analysis.

I've already spend time on gathering the GAP analysis discussions from the list, but it's a rather time consuming task
as it is spread across many discussion threads over lengthy periods of time (week to months).

I propose to take the lead in creating a first minimal draft, based on the following we agreed on:

- during our call last week we talked about using the Initial Working Draft level starter document for Identity in the
Cloud Gap Analysis Version 1.0 (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/id-cloud/201106/msg00070.html) and develop the gap
analysis document further using the template from ITU-T as an example, as well as the table on the Wiki
(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/id-cloud/GapAnalysis).

- Start with the content from the table on the Wiki

- Reference use case numbers rather than copy/past text from them

- Reuse titles, notations and assumptions put forward by the editors of the use cases

- Reuse materials posted to the list. I'm currently searching the list for relevant materials. Example:

Gap Analysis Note:  Use Case 1: Application and Virtualization Security in the Cloud
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/id-cloud/201110/msg00020.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/id-cloud/201110/msg00026.html

But also an enumerated list of applicable standards have been discussed and posted to the list

- Current GAP analysis work to include:

  o Auditing
  o Use Case 1: Application and Virtualization Security in the Cloud
  o Use case 4: SCIM
  o Intercloud

I think I can have a first version ready at the beginning of next week, pending my regular job doesn't distract me too
much.

What do you think?

Also, I want to move this discussion to the list, instead of this small group if you don't mind.

Regards,

Gershon Janssen