Subject: Re: [id-cloud] Your ballot to approve Identity in the Cloud Outsourcing Profile Version 1.0 as a Committee Note has closed

Hi Anil,

Well unfortunately I took it to mean a Special Majority Vote so that's what was run. I can't now just say "oops, that was really supposed to be a Full Majority Vote" and override the result. The ballot is closed and so the record is in place.

The fastest and easiest way to proceed now is for you all to simply vote to approve it by Full Majority Vote in a TC meeting and notify me of the results. If you would prefer that I run the ballot again as a Full Maj Vote, I'll do that for you.

Again, sorry for the confusion and the delay.

/chet

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Anil Saldhana <asaldhan@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi Chet,
  the TC requested the admin to set up a ballot to approve the document as a CN. We did not request special majority vote.
We just requested the *appropriate* ballot to convert the document as a CN.

Could you please update the ballot to be full majority vote?

Regards,
Anil

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chet Ensign" <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
To: id-cloud@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2013 9:25:16 AM

Members of the ID-Cloud TC,

Your ballot to approve Identity in the Cloud Outsourcing Profile Version
1.0 as a Committee Note has closed. The ballot failed to pass. It was
requested and run as a Special Majority Vote and required 8 members to vote
yes. Only 7 eligible members of the TC voted.

Please note that because this is a Committee Note, a Special Majority Vote
is no longer required. The TC can approve the draft as a CN by Full
Majority Vote. (See section 3 of the TC Process at
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#standApprovProcess
).

As next steps, the TC can either pass a motion approving the Committee Note
by Full Majority Vote in a TC meeting or, if you prefer, request that TC
Admin start another ballot as Full Majority to approve the CN.

Best,

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

Check your work using the Support Request Submission Checklist at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47248/tc-admin-submission-checklist.html

TC Administration information and support is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen

/chet