ihc message

Subject: Re: [ihc] FW: FYI on the Goverment side of healthcare

Brett,

Ken Sall provides an interesting snap-shot.

However - the critical section on "Unresolved Issues" is mentioned - but
then not elaborated on!

See the Business-Centric Methodology work for the start point on that in
government practice.

Beyond that the ebXML architecture gets scant mention.  And that is the
biggest striking thing
here looking at this report - you see thousands of individual moving
parts - but little in the way
of an overall plan to bring about architectural change - this is
business as usual - using XML in
the same way as COBOL copy books, C++ structs, Java imports and JSP/ASP
exchange
layouts for forms.

We are missing way too much here in terms of the real potential of XML.

Thanks, DW