ihc message

Subject: RE: [ihc] BCM e-Health Service (was FYI on the Goverment side of healthcare)

Hi Carl, Brett, IHC Folks, interested parties,

Thanks, Carl,  this is wonderful. We seem to have a tremendous, if
unintentional, synergy going here. As a matter of fact, I actually
needed this information to help build a medical database and portlet
for the demonstration portion of my presentation of CAP and WSRP at
XML 2004 Thursday, Nov. 18 following yours on Wednesday, November 17,
both scheduled for the 4:45 p.m. timeslots.

These follow the EPA's Brand Niemann's presentation on the Semantic
Interoperability  Community of Practice SICoP Tuesday, November 16,
2004, which is also connected with Web Services-ebXML Registries, and
ties this into the Federal Enterprise Architecture community, and
brings up the point of this message which is to invite you and folks
from the IHC community who happen to be in the Washington D.C. area
on October 19, 2004 to the Collaboration Expedition Workshop #36, at
NSF HQ in Ballston, VA, which will have many more such synergies. I
will post more when I get the word from Brand and Susan Turnbull, of
the the GSA, who hosts these workshops.

This promises to be a highly useful networking opportunity. For those
who haven't attended one of these, they are day-long affairs. There
are at least a couple of planning sessions that will evolve out of
the this for that evening.

Of course, the presentations may also prove interesting, as we start
to see some of these fields converging somewhat more intensively than
before.

Ciao,
Rex

--