ihc message

Subject: NLM Project Prototype

Hello Phil,

I would like to introduce myself and the group I am representing today. As you are probably aware, OASIS (The Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards) is the co-author of the ebXML standard. Additionally, a couple of months back we formed the OASIS International Health Continuum Technical Committee (IHC TC). The members of the committee are made up of a diverse group of professionals who primarily come from the larger continuum of healthcare (employer, banking, research, acute care, pharma etc.) that is necessary for a complete health experience.

I am cc’ing your request to the larger committee as they are potentially the most talented group of “healthcare big picture” people that I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I am certain that one of them will be able to steer you in the right direction if not solve your problem.

Additionally, since you are interested in ebXML and through your work with the EHR will eventually be interested in the many other potential components of a health record that will need to be integrated from the continuum I would like to invite the National Library of Medicine to join the committee as it would be helpful to have your perspective on the issues we face.

You can read more about the committee at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ihc

Best regards,

Brett

Brett Trusko, Ph.D.